WELL Programs & Research Intern
About the Position
WELL is currently seeking Programs & Research Interns for the 2020–2021 academic year. These interns will receive a deep dive into water education, policy, social and environmental justice, and nonprofit management as they support WELL’s various programs. This includes WELL’s flagship program, UnTapped, which was created for local elected officials to engage with water issues through a comprehensive and active exploration of history, governance, public policy, geography, economics, climate change, and human rights. Additionally, WELL organizes water legislative workshops, online webinars, and statewide conferences that bring together local leaders around water issues facing California. The primary scope of the Programs and Research Intern position will be to assist in the design and implementation of these projects and support in educating public officials on water management, environmental justice, and leadership development.
The WELL Internship Program is a hands-on learning opportunity for students to explore environmental justice and water resource management from the perspective of a nonprofit organization. The Programs & Research Interns will get the chance to explore:
- Local water policy
- Water education principles
- Nonprofit management
- Environmental justice
- Community outreach
- Leadership development
- Must be currently enrolled in a local accredited college or university pursuing a major in public policy and/or affairs, political science, environmental science, urban planning, nonprofit management, or related disciplines.
- Must be able to work part-time (10–16 hours/week) for the duration of the academic year.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Suite.
- Excellent written communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent phone and customer service skills with a professional demeanor.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
How to Apply
- Submit resume and cover letter to Brianne Logasa, WELL Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The position will remain open until filled.
Past Intern Testimonials
“WELL provided a hands-on opportunity for me to learn about environmental career opportunities, work in administration and communication, and develop my own project in an environment of people who truly cared about my success. The experience has given me the skills and knowledge to land internships and jobs in the future and has helped guide my university education.”
– Teresa Gonzalez, Environmental Studies Sophomore at UC Santa Barbara
“Interning at WELL has taught me to further acknowledge the value of organizing at the local level. Being an Intern at WELL was also rewarding, because I was encouraged to develop my own research project where I worked directly with local elected Latinx leaders. In all, the WELL internship enabled me to grow as a learner, researcher, and environmental justice advocate.”
– Selena Melgoza, Society and Environment (Global Environmental Politics) Junior at UC Berkeley