Water Education for Latino Leaders (WELL), established in 2012, is on a mission to educate local Latino elected officials on water policies to promote timely and equitable actions that ensure a robust economy, healthy communities, and a resilient environment for all Californians. WELL hosts annual conferences, regional workshops and fellowship programs to educate elected leaders on the most pressing water issues in California.
Executive Director Position Description
The Executive Director position provides a unique and challenging opportunity for an experienced and driven candidate to take the helm of a growing organization dedicated to its mission and impact. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for WELL’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. She or he will initially develop deep knowledge of the field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
Responsibilities, Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize WELL’s volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee.
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Develop and maintain financial reporting, administrative and human resources policies and procedures
- Work effectively with partner organizations.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion while simultaneously retiring building debt.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communication – from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
Planning & New Business:
- Design expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for the program expansion.
- Begin to build partnerships, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders.
- Be an external Statewide presence that publishes and communicates WELL programs.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to WELL’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- At least 5 years of management experience; track record of effectively leading regionally and/or Statewide scaling a performance and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Ability to recruit and train Elected Officials
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Commensurate with experience and other qualifications; estimated range is $90 – 100K per year with benefits.
How to Apply
- Applications will be received until the appropriate candidate is selected, or May 15, 2019, whichever comes first.
- You may submit your Resume along with cover letter at: http://bit.ly/well2019ed
- For more information about WELL, visit www.latinosforwater.org
Water Education for Latino Leaders, a project of Community Partners® is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.